WHAT DOES A MENTOR DO?
We’re always needing dedicated men and women to serve as mentors. We often hear that kids want to be part of Heroes Academy, asking, “How can I get into this group?” To grow our program, we need more mentors. Could that be you?
ADULT MENTORING OPPORTUNITIES
It’s not diffcult to qualify. Like most quality organizations, we run background checks and screen volunteers to make sure the fit is good and mentors approach this opportunity with the right motivations. For people looking to make a positive impact on individual lives, our community and world, we don’t believe you’ll find a better or more rewarding way.
We’re easy to work into your lives. We only ask for 12 hours a year. And think of what you get in return – the satisfaction of helping kids understand their value and to see the world in new, more positive ways.
- Provide guidance, motivation, emotional support and role modeling.
- Help explore life pathways, set goals and identify resources for kids.
- Dive into the deeper meaning of our lessons and how they apply to everyday life.
STUDENT MENTORING OPPORTUNITIES
Studies show that befriending and encouraging kids of different ages is a crucial stage of social development. Heroes Academy builds relationships between teen mentors and mentees from 3rd-8th grades, and empowers mentors to plan, develop and implement the program.
How It Works
- Students in 11th or 12th grade can serve as mentors.
- Mentors refine the curriculum from year to year, keeping it fresh and relevant.
- Mentors help recruit the next class, using their hands-on knowledge.
- 2.0 GPA
- 1-Year Commitment
- Two-day training session
- Range from $500 to $1,500